SPW022707 SCOTLAND (1928). Glasgow Green, Glasgow. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing east. This image has been produced from a damaged negative.

© Hawlfraint cyfranwyr OpenStreetMap a thrwyddedwyd gan yr OpenStreetMap Foundation. 2019. Trwyddedir y gartograffeg fel CC BY-SA.

Delweddau cyfagos (8)

SPW022707
  0° 0m
SPW022065
  253° 152m
SAR014714
  101° 196m
SAW035932
  124° 202m
SPW022061
  124° 202m
SPW022067
  124° 202m
SPW022174
  124° 202m
SPW022261
  124° 202m

Manylion

Pennawd [SPW022707] Glasgow Green, Glasgow. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing east. This image has been produced from a damaged negative.
Cyfeirnod SPW022707
Dyddiad 1928
Dolen Canmore Collection item 1297986
Enw lle
Plwyf GLASGOW (CITY OF GLASGOW)
Ardal CITY OF GLASGOW
Gwlad SCOTLAND
Dwyreiniad / Gogleddiad 259657, 664418
Hydred / Lledred -4.2421473690056, 55.852533755447
Cyfeirnod Grid Cenedlaethol NS597644

Pinnau

The West Boathouse on Glasgow Green. This building houses both the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1865) and the Clydesdale Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1857). In 1872 four lads from the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club had a dream to start a Football Club, their names - Moses and Peter Mc’Neil (brothers), William McBeath and Peter Campbell. Today these lads are known as "The Gallant Pioneers", the founders of Rangers Football Club. The official symbol of Clyde ARC is - the Clyde Star, a six pointed, light blue star appears on the club flag, club badge, club rowing kit and is referenced in the club constitution. The first known picture of the Rangers squad shows the 1877 team, resplendent in white shirts, with a light blue, six pointed star on the left breast. (See photo)

Billy Turner
Saturday 2nd of June 2018 05:21:35 PM