Adrodd fel Amhriodol

Testun Gwreiddiol (Anodiad: EAW022166 / 2055055)

' Waterloo signal box, commissioned on the 18th October 1936, as the final part of the re signalling project to modernise the the main lines to Hampton Court Junction from Waterloo. By far the biggest signal box structure built by the Southern Railway and a one off design. It was built almost entirely of concrete on the site of the old blacksmiths shop at the west side of the station throat.The signal box lever frame remained in use for 48 years until its operation was take over by a new NX Panel on February 5th 1984 in the same signal box. Closed on 30th October 1990 and demolished to make way for the Waterloo Eurostar train terminal. '