Adrodd fel Amhriodol

Testun Gwreiddiol (Anodiad: EPW021401 / 168241)

' The site of one of the last remaining City parish 'Watch-houses' still exists here and its' location is recorded by a stone inscription near the eastern side of the church. Watchhouses were the fore-runners of police stations and the City police force which began in 1839, ten years later than the Metropolitan force which was founded in Sept 1829. They were manned by unpaid men of the parish to keep order and maintain the peace. '