Report content as inappropriate

Original Text (Annotation: EPW046626 / 2140925)

' The Poplar Hospital for Accidents (the Dockers' Hospital). Opened in 1855 to treat dock workers, it became the general hospital for the area. Its principal founders were Samuel Gurney, a Quaker banker, and Money Wigram, a Blackwall ship builder and ship owner. The 'for Accidents' was dropped from its name in 1937. Closed in 1975 and subsequently demolished. See 'Lost Hospitals of London' - '