Report content as inappropriate

Original Text (Annotation: EPW037575 / 850487)

' St Mary's RC Orphanage School, which existed from 1854 - 1950. The rather stark buildings were once military barracks used by the soldiers who were employed at the adjoining North Hyde Gunpowder Depot, which was opened towards the end of the Napoleonic Wars. The depot (out of shot) had its own docks running off the Grand Junction (Union) Canal. Wentworth Road and Convent Way now occupy the depot site. The orphanage buildings were demolished in about 1952. The site was later occupied by International Aeradio and subsequently Raytheon and Ametek. BEA (and subsequently British Airways) also had a staff training facility on the site. '