Report content as inappropriate

Original Text (Annotation: EAW033919 / 769787)

' This building on Prince Consort Rd - Lyon St corner was the Ellison House Hotel. It was badly damaged on Oct 7th 1950 when the Theatre Royal next door was burned down. This aerial photo was obviously taken after the fire. The Theatre was demolished completely & the Dawes Brothers who owned it promised Hebburn would have a replacement built. The replacement was the 'Rex' Cinema on Victoria Rd west about 6 or 7 yrs later. '