Report content as inappropriate

Original Text (Annotation: EAW023603 / 2068275)

' Salford’s first power station on Wallness Rd (later became part of Frederick Rd), opened in August 1895. Replaced by Frederick Rd power station in September 1903. Wallness used three Mather & Platt alternators with a capacity of 420kw. Generated a single phase supply at 3300v. This was deemed inefficient, once replaced by Frederick Rd the standard supply was 440/220DC. For a short period the 3300v ac supply was maintained by using DC motors to drive the original alternators '