Report content as inappropriate

Original Text (Annotation: EPW014372 / 2029035)

' The Joiners Arms. Built in the middle of the eighteenth century, this is one of the oldest surviving pubs in Carlisle. Having survived numerous floods (most recent 2005 and 2015) and having 2 plaques just to the right of the door showing the levels of water on these particular dates. Still known locally as Blue Lugs amongst locals, it was ran under the State management scheme between 1916 to 1973. '