SPW022174 SCOTLAND (1928). Glasgow Green and River Clyde, Glasgow. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing south-east.

© Copyright OpenStreetMap contributors and licensed by the OpenStreetMap Foundation. 2019. Cartography is licensed as CC BY-SA.

Nearby Images (7)

SAW035932
  0° 0m
SPW022061
  0° 0m
SPW022067
  0° 0m
SPW022174
  0° 0m
SPW022261
  0° 0m
SAR014714
  18° 81m
SPW022707
  304° 202m

Details

Title [SPW022174] Glasgow Green and River Clyde, Glasgow. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing south-east.
Reference SPW022174
Date 1928
Link Canmore Collection item 1256536
Place name
Parish GLASGOW (CITY OF GLASGOW)
District CITY OF GLASGOW
Country SCOTLAND
Easting / Northing 259824, 664303
Longitude / Latitude -4.2394222267608, 55.851549718645
National Grid Reference NS598643

Pins

The West Boathouse on Glasgow Green. This building houses both the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1865) and the Clydesdale Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1857). In 1872 four lads from the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club had a dream to start a Football Club, their names - Moses and Peter Mc’Neil (brothers), William McBeath and Peter Campbell. Today these lads are known as "The Gallant Pioneers", the founders of Rangers Football Club. The official symbol of Clyde ARC is - the Clyde Star, a six pointed, light blue star appears on the club flag, club badge, club rowing kit and is referenced in the club constitution. The first known picture of the Rangers squad shows the 1877 team, resplendent in white shirts, with a light blue, six pointed star on the left breast. (See photo)

Billy Turner
Saturday 2nd of June 2018 05:27:07 PM
Ballater Street

Class31
Monday 3rd of December 2012 09:22:57 PM