SAR014714 SCOTLAND (1951). Glasgow Green foreground looking West along the Clyde Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing West. This image was marked by AeroPictorial Ltd for photo editing.

© Copyright OpenStreetMap contributors and licensed by the OpenStreetMap Foundation. 2019. Cartography is licensed as CC BY-SA.

Nearby Images (7)

SAR014714
  0° 0m
SAW035932
  198° 81m
SPW022061
  198° 81m
SPW022067
  198° 81m
SPW022174
  198° 81m
SPW022261
  198° 81m
SPW022707
  281° 196m

Details

Title [SAR014714] Glasgow Green foreground looking West along the Clyde Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing West. This image was marked by AeroPictorial Ltd for photo editing.
Reference SAR014714
Date 1951
Link Canmore Collection item 1437854
Place name
Parish GLASGOW (CITY OF GLASGOW)
District
Country SCOTLAND
Easting / Northing 259850, 664380
Longitude / Latitude -4.2390469827901, 55.852248663923
National Grid Reference NS599644

Pins

The West Boathouse on Glasgow Green. This building houses both the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1865) and the Clydesdale Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1857). In 1872 four lads from the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club had a dream to start a Football Club, their names - Moses and Peter Mc’Neil (brothers), William McBeath and Peter Campbell. Today these lads are known as "The Gallant Pioneers", the founders of Rangers Football Club. The official symbol of Clyde ARC is - the Clyde Star, a six pointed, light blue star appears on the club flag, club badge, club rowing kit and is referenced in the club constitution. The first known picture of the Rangers squad shows the 1877 team, resplendent in white shirts, with a light blue, six pointed star on the left breast. (See photo)

Billy Turner
Saturday 2nd of June 2018 05:22:54 PM