EAW049352 ENGLAND (1953). The Royal Group of Docks, North Woolwich, from the east, 1953

© Copyright OpenStreetMap contributors and licensed by the OpenStreetMap Foundation. 2019. Cartography is licensed as CC BY-SA.

Nearby Images (21)

EAW049352
  0° 0m
EAW008734
  172° 36m
EAW008738
  121° 53m
EAW008748
  135° 57m
EAW008733
  119° 59m
EAW008735
  124° 59m
EAW029489
  86° 62m
EPW044126
  284° 62m
EPW008553
  223° 69m
EAW008736
  97° 72m
EAW008737
  109° 72m
EAW029488
  27° 96m
EAW008732
  149° 97m
EAW008729
  90° 114m
EAW008730
  138° 114m
EAW008731
  99° 115m
EPW044115
  37° 118m
EAW000036
  39° 142m
EPW024257
  185° 164m
EAW046497
  96° 191m
EAW046499
  228° 315m

Details

Title [EAW049352] The Royal Group of Docks, North Woolwich, from the east, 1953
Reference EAW049352
Date 13-May-1953
Link
Place name NORTH WOOLWICH
Parish
District
Country ENGLAND
Easting / Northing 543869, 180109
Longitude / Latitude 0.073010071582279, 51.501098919667
National Grid Reference TQ439801

Pins

Trolleybuses at the North Woolwich terminus. The longest, at 3 miles, of the trolleybus routes extending beyond the tramway system they replaced, trolleybuses commenced operating from here from the 6th February 1938 with route 669 to Stratford Broadway - extended from the original terminus at Canning Town. 2 further routes, the 685 -8th May 1940, and the 569 - 29th October 1941, joined the 669. Under the conversion to diesel buses programme route 569 was withdrawn from 10 November 1959 followed by the other two routes 3 months later on the 2nd February 1960 ending 22 years of trolleybuses in this area.

Nowy Paul
Sunday 18th of November 2018 02:57:40 PM
West Ham Stadium, Custom House

gerry-r
Monday 30th of June 2014 05:41:45 PM