Report content as inappropriate


Original Text (Annotation: EPW050089 / 667281)

' The Floodgate Street School opened in 1891 and was designed to educate 1,115 children. It is bound by Moore's Row, Milk Street and Floodgate Street. Floodgate Street School continued until 1939-40 when the building was taken over by St Michael's Roman Catholic School. It had become the annexe to Hall Green Technical College by 1982. The footprint of the school building has not changed since it was first built, except that houses which formerly stood to the south have been demolished and a new extension has been built on their site to form the Digbeth Centre of South Birmingham College. This is attached to the former school building by a link at ground floor level which joins to the former Milk Street entrance of the school. '