SPW022174 SCOTLAND (1928). Glasgow Green and River Clyde, Glasgow. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing south-east.

© Hawlfraint cyfranwyr OpenStreetMap a thrwyddedwyd gan yr OpenStreetMap Foundation. 2019. Trwyddedir y gartograffeg fel CC BY-SA.

Delweddau cyfagos (7)

SAW035932
  0° 0m
SPW022061
  0° 0m
SPW022067
  0° 0m
SPW022174
  0° 0m
SPW022261
  0° 0m
SAR014714
  18° 81m
SPW022707
  304° 202m

Manylion

Pennawd [SPW022174] Glasgow Green and River Clyde, Glasgow. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing south-east.
Cyfeirnod SPW022174
Dyddiad 1928
Dolen Canmore Collection item 1256536
Enw lle
Plwyf GLASGOW (CITY OF GLASGOW)
Ardal CITY OF GLASGOW
Gwlad SCOTLAND
Dwyreiniad / Gogleddiad 259824, 664303
Hydred / Lledred -4.2394222267608, 55.851549718645
Cyfeirnod Grid Cenedlaethol NS598643

Pinnau

The West Boathouse on Glasgow Green. This building houses both the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1865) and the Clydesdale Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1857). In 1872 four lads from the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club had a dream to start a Football Club, their names - Moses and Peter Mc’Neil (brothers), William McBeath and Peter Campbell. Today these lads are known as "The Gallant Pioneers", the founders of Rangers Football Club. The official symbol of Clyde ARC is - the Clyde Star, a six pointed, light blue star appears on the club flag, club badge, club rowing kit and is referenced in the club constitution. The first known picture of the Rangers squad shows the 1877 team, resplendent in white shirts, with a light blue, six pointed star on the left breast. (See photo)

Billy Turner
Saturday 2nd of June 2018 05:27:07 PM
Ballater Street

Class31
Monday 3rd of December 2012 09:22:57 PM