SAR014714 SCOTLAND (1951). Glasgow Green foreground looking West along the Clyde Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing West. This image was marked by AeroPictorial Ltd for photo editing.

© Hawlfraint cyfranwyr OpenStreetMap a thrwyddedwyd gan yr OpenStreetMap Foundation. 2019. Trwyddedir y gartograffeg fel CC BY-SA.

Delweddau cyfagos (7)

SAR014714
  0° 0m
SAW035932
  198° 81m
SPW022061
  198° 81m
SPW022067
  198° 81m
SPW022174
  198° 81m
SPW022261
  198° 81m
SPW022707
  281° 196m

Manylion

Pennawd [SAR014714] Glasgow Green foreground looking West along the Clyde Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing West. This image was marked by AeroPictorial Ltd for photo editing.
Cyfeirnod SAR014714
Dyddiad 1951
Dolen Canmore Collection item 1437854
Enw lle
Plwyf GLASGOW (CITY OF GLASGOW)
Ardal CITY OF GLASGOW
Gwlad SCOTLAND
Dwyreiniad / Gogleddiad 259850, 664380
Hydred / Lledred -4.2390469827901, 55.852248663923
Cyfeirnod Grid Cenedlaethol NS599644

Pinnau

The West Boathouse on Glasgow Green. This building houses both the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1865) and the Clydesdale Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1857). In 1872 four lads from the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club had a dream to start a Football Club, their names - Moses and Peter Mc’Neil (brothers), William McBeath and Peter Campbell. Today these lads are known as "The Gallant Pioneers", the founders of Rangers Football Club. The official symbol of Clyde ARC is - the Clyde Star, a six pointed, light blue star appears on the club flag, club badge, club rowing kit and is referenced in the club constitution. The first known picture of the Rangers squad shows the 1877 team, resplendent in white shirts, with a light blue, six pointed star on the left breast. (See photo)

Billy Turner
Saturday 2nd of June 2018 05:22:54 PM