We're working hard to make our services better for you. While we're doing some essential maintenance, this website – or parts of it – might be intermittently unavailable at times between Monday 18 – Monday 25 November. Thank you for your patience.

EPW053224 ENGLAND (1937). The town, Royal Leamington Spa, from the south, 1937

© Hawlfraint cyfranwyr OpenStreetMap a thrwyddedwyd gan yr OpenStreetMap Foundation. 2019. Trwyddedir y gartograffeg fel CC BY-SA.

Delweddau cyfagos (11)

EPW053224
  0° 0m
EAW024686
  137° 54m
EAW024685
  44° 115m
EPW005100
  95° 131m
EPW005099
  100° 147m
EPW001215
  43° 187m
EPW053219
  64° 201m
EPW005091
  346° 226m
EPW019744
  144° 232m
EAW024683
  304° 239m
EPW053218
  234° 288m

Manylion

Pennawd [EPW053224] The town, Royal Leamington Spa, from the south, 1937
Cyfeirnod EPW053224
Dyddiad 24-May-1937
Dolen
Enw lle ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA
Plwyf ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA
Ardal
Gwlad ENGLAND
Dwyreiniad / Gogleddiad 431860, 265433
Hydred / Lledred -1.5328848094267, 52.285719364244
Cyfeirnod Grid Cenedlaethol SP319654

Pinnau

Congregational Chapel in Spencer St built 1836 and closed 1980. Since used as a retail carpet warehouse and now owned by the council (2013)

Glassman
Sunday 4th of January 2015 09:28:41 AM
Regent Hotel - opened as "William's Hotel" in 1819 but renamed after the visit of the then Prince Regent. Closed in 1998 but, after extensive refurbishment, reopened as a Travelodge in 2005. Originally, the main entrance was on the south face, the entrance on the Parade being a later addition.

Glassman
Saturday 28th of September 2013 10:54:16 AM
Leamington Town Hall - built in 1884 on The Parade to replace the original Town Hall (built 1830) in High St

Glassman
Saturday 28th of September 2013 10:51:27 AM
Christchurch Chapel and Gardens opened in 1825. Chapel demolished in 1959

Glassman
Saturday 14th of September 2013 10:47:36 AM
Clifton Cinema - built in 1925 as "Bath Cinema" but renamed in 1938 as Clifton Cinema. This closed in 1982 and is currently (2013) a nightclub called "Evolve"

Glassman
Saturday 31st of August 2013 12:51:14 PM
Leamington Railway Station undergoing reconstruction to its current "Art Deco" style form.

Glassman
Saturday 31st of August 2013 12:48:12 PM
Willes Obelisk - built in1875 to honour Edward Willes who donated the park land

Glassman
Saturday 31st of August 2013 12:45:31 PM
1849 - Jephson memorial 1849 - memorial for Dr Henry Jephson who promoted the healing properties of the towns spa water

Glassman
Saturday 31st of August 2013 12:41:02 PM
Mill Bridge & Weir Suspension bridge over River Leam designed by William de Normanville, Borough Engineer, in 1903.

Glassman
Saturday 31st of August 2013 12:35:04 PM
Manor House Hotel - location of the worlds first lawn tennis club in 1872. In 2004 it was converted into apartments with additional buildings on the lawns where lawn tennis was first played.

Glassman
Saturday 31st of August 2013 12:10:05 PM
All Saints Church, the Parish Church of Leamington Spa. Religious use of site dates back to the Doomsday Book (1086) but major development to current building took place in the 19th Century

Glassman
Saturday 31st of August 2013 11:21:18 AM
Bath Assembly Hall - built 1926 as a "Palais de Danse" in Art Deco style. Became Embassy Ballroom in 1952 and later Gala Bingo.

Glassman
Saturday 31st of August 2013 11:13:46 AM