EPW001217 ENGLAND (1920). View of Leamington Spa, Royal Leamington Spa, 1920

© Hawlfraint cyfranwyr OpenStreetMap a thrwyddedwyd gan yr OpenStreetMap Foundation. 2019. Trwyddedir y gartograffeg fel CC BY-SA.

Delweddau cyfagos (17)

EPW001217
  0° 0m
EPW019736
  299° 65m
EAW003637
  124° 133m
EPW001219
  104° 151m
EPW005097
  81° 166m
EPW005092
  69° 173m
EPW000414
  353° 180m
EPW005095
  50° 201m
EPW005096
  109° 204m
EPW005094
  338° 216m
EPW005093
  117° 219m
EPW053222
  74° 226m
EPW001214
  112° 227m
EPW005098
  38° 250m
EAW024688
  27° 256m
EPW005091
  131° 274m
EPW039093
  205° 275m

Manylion

Pennawd [EPW001217] View of Leamington Spa, Royal Leamington Spa, 1920
Cyfeirnod EPW001217
Dyddiad May-1920
Dolen
Enw lle ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA
Plwyf ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA
Ardal
Gwlad ENGLAND
Dwyreiniad / Gogleddiad 431602, 265835
Hydred / Lledred -1.5366296324094, 52.289348649191
Cyfeirnod Grid Cenedlaethol SP316658

Pinnau

The Angel Hotel - built circa 1810 as a coaching inn in what was Cross St, renamed Regent St following the visit of the Prince Regent in 1819. Remains in operation as a hotel with conference facilities in 2013.

Glassman
Saturday 28th of September 2013 11:34:05 PM
Holly Walk Congregational Chapel opened in 1849. Fell out of use in 1947 and then used as a warehouse until circa 1990 when it was converted for office use.

Glassman
Saturday 28th of September 2013 06:22:51 PM
St Peters RC Church and adjacent primary school. Bell tower now no longer capped by steeple roof.

Glassman
Saturday 28th of September 2013 10:56:24 AM
Regent Hotel - opened as "William's Hotel" in 1819 but renamed after the visit of the then Prince Regent. Closed in 1998 but, after extensive refurbishment, reopened as a Travelodge in 2005. Originally, the main entrance was on the south face, the entrance on the Parade being a later addition

Glassman
Saturday 28th of September 2013 10:46:36 AM
According to David Stowell: ‘when the hotel opened in 1819 it was one of the largest in Europe. Reputedly it had 100 bedrooms but only one bathroom!'

The establishment was run by Thomas Bath Jeffery and his

brother-in-law Benjamin Bodman Breach in the early 1850s.

Benjamin Bodman Breach - distantly related to me - later took over the County Hotel, Carlisle, at its opening, having previously run the Bush Hotel in that city

MB
Saturday 28th of September 2013 10:59:15 AM
Leamington Town Hall - built in 1884 on The Parade to replace the original Town Hall (built 1830) in High St

Glassman
Thursday 22nd of August 2013 08:48:08 AM