Adrodd fel Amhriodol


Testun Gwreiddiol (Anodiad: EAW008435 / 2039609)

' The camp on Moore Lane was established in November 1939 to provide protection for the mustard gas factory on Wigg island and local waterways during the Second World War. There were barracks, a guardhouse/armoury, two pill boxes type 23s and four gun positions. Barrage balloons were launched from at least two sites – one in the field by the village school on Moss Lane and the other on the Forestry Commission land near Upper Moss - side Farm. Edward Heath, a former prime Minister, was stationed there for a short while. After the war, the camp was used to house a few army families – some American '